View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #15
KTMarty OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Day 4 Tues

Day 4 Tues
Packed up and headed towards Riggins. I would bleed my clutch every evening and at lunch and in the mean time would not stop or if I dd would be on a downward hill side so I could coast and pop the bike into gear. Pretty much I would stay in 3 gear all the time and grunt around corners and slowly come to a stop and put it into neutral. I only used the clutch once in a while when needed but after about 5-10 pulls it would become useless. Enjoy.

Here is the route we took.

There was a fire I belive last year that roared through the area.

Even with my clutch about to fail had to stop and take the following movie of Tom coming up the road. Click to see Movie

Here is Mike on Top off Sawmill PT

Came into Warren. Did not stop to take many pic's with the clutch acting up.

Mike's camera bit the dust so I let him use mine until he got another one. Mike is a great photographer as you can see from the rest of today pics.

I did not stop to take a look at the bus but it was an camper at one point.

Heading down to Riggins Hot Springs the road just went straigt down the valley. Awesome fun.

And now the curvy downward ride

Ran out of fuel with 30 miles to go to Riggins. Dumped my Tourtech fuel jugs in.

Here is a movie clip Mike took of me starting my bike. This was the norm of the trip.

French Creek

Next set of pic is before Salmon River.

Here is Tom going across Salmon River

Here is a movie of Marty going across the bridge

Stopped in Riggins for lunch fuel and spirits.

Instead of bombing up Hwy 95 to Orfino we decided to detour off of Slate Rd and camp in the hills for the night. Then make our way to the KTM shop first thing in the morning.

Slate Road had some nice scenary along the way.

Found this nice campground at Fish Creek. This was one of our early stops around 4:00 most other time it was 6-7PM It was nice to just sit around and relax.
Tom and Mike were telling me that a squirrel in my bike and I thought they were pulling my leg.

Here is what happened when I started the bike. Squirrel?

Nope a chipmunk.

We took apart everything on the clutch handle to see were it was leaking and could not tell where. Put things back together and the clutch was feeling pretty good even after 10-20 squeezes. Still decided to head to the KTM in the morning to get the new clutch piston

Ended the day with 143 miles 17mph ave in 8hrs 23 min.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx day 4 track gpx.gpx (483.6 KB, 114 views)

2010 KTM 450EXC (FSL)
06 KTM 950 Adventure (Orange)

Fire Road Closure Report

Dual Sport Tire price comarison

2008 Idaho ride

Camp Chair

KTMarty screwed with this post 08-28-2008 at 06:10 PM
KTMarty is offline   Reply With Quote