View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #82
hondabuster
n00b

Oddometer: 6

Heres my 01 sherpa. Not many miles, but it sure is a fun ride. Ive got a trip planned for mid sept in the Black Hills.

Ive got some extensions for both mirrors, so its much easier to see behind me now. I wasnt used to having to shift my body, so I could see over my shoulders.
The red cap over the key socket, is to remind me, that theres a padlock in the rear disk...Its a good reminder for preventing those senior moments.
The center black box is the hour meter/tachometer. Really handy for keeping an eye on what revs its pulling.
Ive also changed both sprokets. I went one tooth bigger on front, and 3 teeth smaller on rear. The chain is stock, and didnt need to be broken. It will effortlessly cruise at 70mph now. Only downside, is that first gear is even more useless on the trail, its noticeably taller than stock. I had to modify a rear sproket from a klx300, as no one I know, has a 3 tooth smaller rear sproket for the sherpa. I milled out the ID, and added the correct hole spacing, luckily I have access to a CNC mill.
Ive also changed the pilot jet, to a #20, and it starts and idles so much better, especially on cold days.

Ive added some very bright red LEDs to the rack, and a strip LED light above the licence plate. Its pretty intense at night.

hondabuster screwed with this post 08-28-2008 at 06:59 PM
hondabuster is offline   Reply With Quote