Thread: Bmw F800gs Q&A
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #79
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Just sat on one at Lonestar in Austin, TX. As a cheapo-KLR rider I was basically just drooling, but there's a lot to drool over. Of course it already has a sold sign on it and if you get in line now you might have one next spring. I'm obviously not going to add anything to this discussion until I ride one from Tierra d. Fuego to Prudoe Bay , but it felt suprisingly approachable for a 5'9" guy with a piddling 32" inseam. Maybe even a little lower than my Corbin seated KLR. That and the CG was _obviously_ lower than the KLR. The only other obvious thing was the afterthought of a brake fluid reservoir...

And for what it's worth, the new guy who my buddy and I talked to at Lonestar was actually friendly and helpful , in stark contrast to the older gentleman who works there.

EDIT - Wow I just went through and read the rest of this thread. I've never seen one guy be in the interesting position of being the first to have a very thorough knowledge of a bike, and be so good at giving it to us in a reasonable and generous way. Well done!

K_N_Fodder screwed with this post 08-28-2008 at 07:15 PM
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote