View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
maccajim OP
Holding the Awesome

Oddometer: 550
Heading off to Cobar

Left early to get to cobar it was very cold windy lots of semis nearly blowing me off the road then getting stuck behind heaps of slow Grey Nomads on the twisty roads to Cobar. The roads get straight and some good views.

Conola fields very stunning it smells like breakfast putting butter on warm toasts nice but the roads are straight and i have my bike geared down for sand wish i had bought my old front sprocket or an extra gear!

The straight roads go on for ages get an ipod

Arrived in Cobar late in the afternoon and all accommodation looked booked out as Louth races just finished lots of no vacancy so found this dodgy place behind a pub. I thought it must be some dodgy pub/brothel thing with all these single rooms but turned out ok a lot of miners got sacked last week so only me and one other guy staying there. Everyone was very friendly and turned out a great place to stay with the pub and food 10 meters from my door

Changed the tyres for some sweet dunlop 908s good dirt grippage '

The Road Cobar to Louth starts off bitumen then serious red dirt lots of goats shetland poines and emus so watch out

Dead straight but u have to watch for sandy sections

U can see the dust of a 4wd in the distance it was very windy and some creepy serpent like trails of Red sandy/bulldust getting blown across the road

maccajim screwed with this post 05-04-2009 at 10:32 PM
maccajim is offline   Reply With Quote