View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 AM   #10
maccajim OP
Holding the Awesome

Oddometer: 550
Louth and Trilby Station

Louth pub store etc

got a beer and filled up very friendly and helpful u can camp behind the pub looked like a good site but i'm heading to Trilby station only 20kms away.

I turned up at Trilby and there was no one anywhere at the office or entire station followed the signs to the camp site a bit creepy no one around and skulls every where

headed down to a camp site and it was very sweet
saw this fella keeping guard

And this pelican on the river took off as soon as he saw me i thought very different to the coast ones that look fo a free feed, then i saw a lot of shotgun shells around so some yobbos must take pot shots at them, mongrels

Trilby campsite right near the river heaps of fire wood and lots of critters around seemed like i was the only person for miles around

I sat down by the mighty darling to check out the wildlife at dusk and some kangas turned up

the pics are a bit blurry but it was a mother with joey and 2 siblings only 20 metres away i think the low chair and dark clothing make me blend in so they ignored me for awhile

I made some really dumb mistakes here at night wanting to put the fire out quickly to goto bed i stupidly used my drinking water and then in the morning made heaps of brews for coffee etc found out i had used up almost all my drinking water, idiot! 2nd day on the dirt and out of water on a deserted station and the river water was undrinkable.
camping at Trilby great views

I had a wander around the next day they have this shed with 2 cesnas heard later they muster with them and spot the herd.

I road upto the station homestead and the owner was there i paid my camping fee and asked for water, he pointed me to a fresh rainwater tank sweetest water i have ever had. We had a chat about the farm and he told me the river is his boundary fence and as it is so low his stock can walk across to the neighbours, basically openhouse.

will do more tomorrow hope u likes it

maccajim screwed with this post 08-29-2008 at 04:34 AM
maccajim is offline   Reply With Quote