View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
TCBronson OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Comparo: WeeStrom, 650GS twin, Versys

I'd like to see a comparo between the Suzuki Vstrom 650, Kawasaki Versys and the new BMW F 650GS twin. Going to Alaska next year...I hope!

I have ridden the WeeStrom only. So far my take is:

Wee Strom and Versys I believe are priced about the same and my guess at least $2000 cheaper than the new F650GS twin.

Wee Strom has more wind protection and a bigger seat for long distance comfort.

New BMW F650GS has, IMHO, a dirt bike type seat, very narrow, virtually no wind protection, but does look good and it's a BMW.

Versys has no center stand option? Needs a bigger windshield and a better seat, like a Corbin?

I believe that all three should get around 200 miles to a full tank of gas or better. You can add hard bag luggage to all three. All three have tubeless tires on mag wheels, don't care for wire spoke wheels.

Interested in any other thoughts on these three bikes for long distance touring...interstate, back roads, flat dirt roads, etc.

Any other middle weight or bigger Adventure type bikes that I left out for under $12,000 with all of the farkles like the Vstrom 1000. Anybody heard what Honda will offer in 2009 (Varadero, Transalp) here in the U.S.?

Thanks for any thoughts you all may have and your experience with any of the bikes mentioned!
TCBronson is offline   Reply With Quote