View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #94
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonie527
Thought I'd chime in here. I just bought this '89 xt350 for $600 last week (actually I'm trading some electrical work that the owner was going to pay me $600 for ). It has 8900 miles on it and starts on the first or second kick. Other than a small dent in the tank it's in great condition although it does need some routine maintenance. I'm going to order a new chain and sprockets (worn) as well as new handlebars (tweaked a little) and various other small parts. I'll probably have tons of questions as it is my first bike and I have yet to receive my Clymers for it so any advice is appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]
ohhh wow..... need to post a pic of my old girl even after the wife dropped it this weekend (her daughter crashed on her 200 ) that old girl is barely broken in. replace the tensioner and keep the idle up around for 1800 for good oil pressure for the tensioner. i just bought another one for 50 dollars that he had it idling way to low and the tensioner jumped.

be a man dodge tree bark!

We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating; the GS handles in ways a two-story building was never meant to.

Taking collections for Faye Butler Training please spare some change.

www.kmotorwerks.com

Remember red and yellow make orange.so to think orange is better means you have to use two steps to get there.
________
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote