View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #120
Clayton Bigsby OP
Ready

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter
you have your tires yet? and to what did you apply them with all this inspiration???
Just got back from the weekend trip and looked through this thread. You guys came up with some awesome pics!

So, I put my tkc's on last week for a Labor Day weekend trip with my wife from Cleveland, OH to Combermere, Ontario. We rode up on Friday night, went to a wedding on Saturday, and did some offroading on Sunday before leaving this morning for home.

So yeah, we took off yesterday morning and hit the first trail we came across. It was a snowmobile trail with some good scenery and most of the terrain was manageable for the GS, even with my wife on the back.

She stepped off for this section...

The R12GS is known for it's robust skid plate design, right?

Well, we made it through without much drama...

She was enjoying the ride until we came around a corner and saw a big black bear running down the trail. I kept motoring down the trail and suddenly felt some claws dig into my side. Mrs. Bigsby's claws, not the bear's.

It was another five minutes before we spooked Mr. Bear #2, who came crashing through the bush not 25 feet in front of us! (More claws in my side)

Seeing Mr. Bear up close was pretty neat, except this happened about 100 yards down the trail...

The results of my poor judgement from another angle...

After a five minute wrestling match with the bike, I got out of the muck and over the bridge.

Good times!

Clayton Bigsby screwed with this post 09-01-2008 at 07:14 PM
Clayton Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote