View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Just GO! OP
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
Thursday night the bike looked like this....

Friday morning it looked like this.....

with a nice thick layer of fog for a background. And if there's one weather condition that makes me a little nervous when I'm riding it's fog. But with weeks and weeks of planning.... ...... that I put into this ride I wasn't about to let the fact that I couldn't see to ride keep me from riding!

So I rode.....into this.....

That is a nice view of Marietta from Harmar Hill....use your imagination, huh?

At the corner of Front and Greene streets.....I'll be crossing that bridge into WVa shortly.

I've crossed that bridge a thousand times but this crossing was different. It was like crossing into another world. Who knew what lay ahead? Good weather? Good fortune? Friend or foe? Sometimes a simple twist of fate can be life changing, especially for riders. We all know the risks and we all regardless ride.

As I cross the bridge I hear John Denver in the back of my mind singing "Almost heaven, West Virginia."

I've always thought that fog is great for taking pictures. For me it adds a certain sense of mystery to a photo.

The fog had started to thin out some as I headed across Schultz Road and into North Bend State Park.

I was going to be traveling on back roads as much as possible and if I passed something interesting I planned on going back to take a photo. If I saw an interesting road going away from my general direction I was going to investigate.

Cause I ain't in no itchin' hurry. Simple plan for today...be in Seneca Rocks before the lights go out.

Just GO! screwed with this post 12-18-2008 at 09:11 AM
Just GO! is offline   Reply With Quote