View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 AM   #60
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe
I'm likely going to rewind my stator to get around 200 watts, so it'll be similar to the BD one you have.
Bear in mind that one of the few weak points of the 05 motors is solder that melts at too low a temperature. The Baja Designs unit addresses that shortcoming as well as providing extra power.

I've got the BD R/R already. I think the bike is generally wired like borsiin helpfully suggests (thanks! I may have questions later) except I haven't figured out the exact logic of what goes where, and, I'm going to simplify a bit from true rally format in that I don't need some of the equipment it's currently wired for (Sentinel, ASO GPS, etc).

I'd like to look at the BD Fuego HID 4" lights and see if those are an option to replace the stock 640 lights... figuring out lighting is on my list but pretty far down right now, so hopefully you'll beat me to it and I can just copy what you do. :lookingatneighborstestandfillingintheiranswers

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote