View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #43
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSteve
Alright, here it is, sorry for the lack of bike in the photo, I was there last week and took this picture without the bike in front of it. I have been trying to get there all week to get another photo and the weather and my wife have managed to screw that up. I have a Garmin .gdb file that is a route, starting at the Sheetz in Thurmont that will take you on a 70 mile adventure, round trip back to the Sheetz. Along this route you will pass this landmark. It is broken into two pieces, with a stop in the middle for gas and eats, you will pass the landmark in the first half, but I would suggest doing the whole route for the fun factor. The route will take you on a winding ride through some scenic roads, the roads are all paved, although some are tar and chip, looking like gravel. You can make the trip on any bike, but it would be especially fun on a big DS or adventure bike. My friend rode along with me last week on a FJR1300 and had no problems.

PM me with your email address and I will send you the route files.

The clues are this is the North ________ Overlook in a park on High Knob mountain Frederick County, the overlook is located on the main park road.
Quote:
#4 - File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote