View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #2196
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,730
3rd Full Moon Ride

Yesterday was the 3rd time, in 3 months, we rode under the full moon in Angeles Forest. It's was a crazy idea, and to a point relatively unsafe. Imagine, in full daylight alone accidents happen, what more when the visibility at any speed is limited to a tiny patch of light in front of us.

This ride became a tradition, and at the same time, I see it as an opportunity to learn how to ride in the dark, much like acquiring a survival skill that adventure riders has to go through. We had carnages in the last 2 rides, and yesterday's was no different...

Just hours before the ride, we had a flurry of excuses and no show that threatened the ride. At least 5 regular riders were missing, anyway nothing stopped us from making this event to happen.

e-nuff, let's get the pics posted, boring one first.....

On my way to Lynx Gulch...the canyons pretty much mine

I always wanted to take a picture of this bridge, since I had the time, went ahead and did it. You'll notice the change in elevations, the whole ride is from almost sea level to over 6K feet.

That trail cut along the mountain side is Lynx. In an hour, I will be looking down where I took this picture.

I got to the bottom of the Lynx trailhead and the Masia was already waiting.

More pics and rr coming...

NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote