View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #74
losiu OP
wheelie addict

Oddometer: 576
New O-ring seal added to the collection

Hey guys,

I just did the fix again.
After c.a. 10.000kms the previous spring broke.
After a closer inspection, it turned out that id didn't really break but got "unscrewed". It's possible to screw one end on top of the other and probably re-use it but I already had another O-ring seal that worked.

On the seal it says:
INCO A0 - 50 x 70 x 6 / 10,25

I'm guessing that the measurements are the ones next to the "x" signs and te "INCO" could be the brand, but not necessarily.
(the total width of the seal is probably 10,25mm because it has a sort of "collar" sticking out of it)

The trick about the O-ring seals that have the right spring is that they have to be as thin as possible.
The ERIKS seal was 7mm thick, other 7mm-thick seals usually have a thicker spring. This seal is 6mm thick (with out the collar) and I think that a seal this thin will almost always have a spring that has is the right diameter.

The shaft diameter that works is 50mm (for the seal)

The total repair time (including pulling out all the wrenches and picking up all the metal blocks and putting them into the spraugue clutch) was 23mins.

I confirm that there's no need to drain the oil. All you need to do is unscrew 4 bolts to take off the flywheel cover and than take off the flywheel. The work is clean and easy. I lost about 4 drops of oil.

The bike starts no problem. I paid $2 for the seal.

Cheers,
Losiu
Attached Images

losiu screwed with this post 09-23-2008 at 12:50 PM
losiu is offline   Reply With Quote