View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #17
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 478
Pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajelus
Any way to get a preorder list going :) You kind of force our hand by making a realy nice bash plate and not having it work with anything else. I am definitely not complaining! I love the bash plate, i just don't want to be caught in the back of the line cause I am sure you have a bunch of UK riders waiting to get their hands on it too :)
Good point, but i dont want to create a pre-order list until we have pricing worked out if that makes sense. Basically if i do a list and then the pricing comes out quite expensive i think we'll have a 'you only charge that much as everybody says they want them' situation.

We're waiting on quotes from the pipe-bending contractor. As Dave mentioned above we have found a really top-notch company who have done amazing prototypes, but have yet to give us a quote for volume(or even for one-offs). Also we need to do a few sets to find out how much time is in each. On top of this the fitting kits we're putting together are looking to be quite expensive, as they're all stainless fasteners and machined Ali spacers. For example one of the main M10 flanged top frame bolts in stainless is looking like costing us $5.

So I will start a pre-order list as soon as we have an accurate price. First batch will probably be 25, so i wouldnt worry too much about availability.

chris
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote