Originally Posted by DolphinJohn
I think I saw where there is a plug I can attach to the wire I have.
I'll have to see if I can find that thread again.
Just wondering how most people are wiring their gps
There are a bunch of options.... I think the most popular are:
1) use a cable directly to the battery (with in-line fuse for safety)
2) Get the ready-made cable that goes from the GPS plug under the faux gas tank that exists on the bike to the GPS
3) Use a DIN to GPS cable to the DIN plug next to the ignition key
4) Like #3 but get the DIN-to-USA-cigarette adapter and use the cable that comes with the unit.
5) Get the special plug that mates to the factory GPS plug as a service part and make your own cable from there...
The service part number (I beleive) is 83300413585
Some details and pictures here: