View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #38
brunstei
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker
Also met a German family in their ’64 Mercedes Unimog camper truck. I had only pulled over for a few pics and hadn’t even taken my helmet off, but this guy kept jabbering away at me. Nice guy and only full of helpful advice as to what I should see in both Dawson and Inuvik, but I wanted to keep rolling…plus there is something a little disconcerting about being spoken to by a German who’s naked apart from a pair of leather shorts. He did have a cute wife, though, and as long as she was standing beside him I was happy to listen,
Hey Ben!

Good reading so far, looking forward to your Dempster pics since we didn't make it up there We met you at Bell II, towards the end of this trip I think. I'm pretty sure we also me the same German pair, just S. of Stewart Crossing - if a Unimog is this huge cube-van sort of thing, and they were about 3 years into some round-the-world excursion? I missed out on most of our conversation with them, 'cause I was the only non-German speaking member of my group so it was all in german, but that gave me an excuse to surespitiously oogle the wife for lack of anything better to do.

Looking forward to the rest of your RR!
brunstei is offline   Reply With Quote