View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #66
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac
Ben, the most endearing thing about your bike is that license plate. I'll never forget the first one of I saw. It was on the back of a Ford pick-up on the ferry across the McKenzie in '99 and it was so dirty you could barley make out the numbers on it, but the shape was unmistakeable. Unique, none other like it in the world. Keep the pictures coming, I'm in suspense as to what the border weather was like when the two of you crossed. Get 'er on up the road Buddy!!!
It's a pretty sweet plate, Mac, that's for sure. Funny, lots of people don't notice it, but when they do the questions start...and usually take a while to stop! It's the same with my car. When I take that down south I watch people walk past it and nudge eachother, pointing to the plate. Sad thing is I may well be moving from the NWT next year, and then I'll have the same old boring rectangular plate as everyone else. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

Hey, I'm going to be in Nunavut later this month - they have the same shape plate but with something different written on it. I'll snap a pic and post it up...

And I got your PM, too (at least one of us checks theirs!) - I'll take care of that next week.

Cheers Mac -keep checking in! More coming later today, I hope (but my boss is upset because every time he walks in I'm on ADV) Note to self - get a life....

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote