View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #45
luv2lean OP
not lost til out of gas

Oddometer: 960
By Monday nite in Torrey we were both thinking about getting home by Tuesday nite. So we got up about 430 for the 700+ mile trip home and left torrey shortly before sunrise in a slight drizzle. we were in and out of dark clouds across Utah and Nevada, but just brief periods of rain. We were making great time when disaster hit just west of Delta Utah. Jims little F650 started to overheat and we ended up here.

Fortunately we were able to limp into Ely NV a few hours later after Jim ripped off his radiator guards and fork boots, and riched up his fuel mix. We saw no choice but to send the F650 the rest of the way in a truck. I made like a bat out of a hot place and headed for home only to stop once for gas and once for some meat and fluids.

I passed 3 guys in Austin, Nevada Tuesday afternoon that looked suspiciously like advriders coming home from Ouray, but I was on a mission and did not stop. Also learned how to eat power bars with a full face helmet on. Just a little bending so they dont go up your nose and you can shove em right in your mouth. The clif bars are a bit more of a challenge.

luv2lean screwed with this post 08-02-2004 at 09:19 PM
luv2lean is offline   Reply With Quote