View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #167
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKay191
I'm sure I'm missing something........
but what exectly makes this bike a Caferacer?
The Wudo bike is simply a prop, intended to display some new parts that are currently being reproduced and AFAIC, those are some pretty kool parts. I LOVE the fairing! So by my reckoning, it isnt a cafe racer per se. What it is, is a cafe STYLE bike. A Cafe Racer is something else

Cafe racers were built for high speed runs from cafe to cafe. Sometimes bets were placed but probably more often, the runs were for bragging rights and an opportunity to take some cute chick home.

Back in the day, just as today, not all of the guys who were part of the scene had the skills, the cash or the creativity build a true Cafe Racer, so they made due with a short seat, hacksawed fenders, maybe a fairing, loud pipes and rear sets if they had the dosh.

Come to think of it, the situation is similiar to that of the kids who can't afford to hot rod thier Honda Civic, so they put on a loud muffler, add a few guages on the window post, throw away the hood and call it a Tuner Car.

Most Cafe bikes could easily be refered to as "Poser bikes" but that would just piss people off and really.. It's only a hobby.

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.

Hawk Medicine screwed with this post 10-13-2008 at 12:36 AM
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote