View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #172
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,303
Heres a photo that I took yesterday evening, about three miles from home. Another beautifull Fall California evening, out on the bike.

My repro seat finally came! I chose the "73" /5 LWB style that dosn't have the passenger hump. I like to move around.

I also skipped installing the chrome passenger rail and dumped the passenger pegs. No use for em anyway... If I decide to add the pegs later, I'll use racing style folders.

Next I have to touch up the scratches that have accumilated over the last month. These bikes dont stay absolutely perfect for long and I need to keep after the little things before they turn into big things.

Mechanically the bikes coming along very well. I had an electrical failure in a primary wire, that led to a cell call and Donna rescuing me from about 25 miles from home. That sucked. I also had a couple of minor oil seeps/leaks from the timing chest but all-in-all the break-in has been uneventfull.

I've worked the revs into the 5200+ range, the mileage is in the 40's and it's stopped using oil, so I'm feeling better about hittin on it harder and harder. I still need to lean the carbs out some and fiddle with the advance curves but the engine is strong and responsive. I guess it's time to pull out the stoppers and see what she'll do!

ANyway, after taking this picture, I took the bike home for her first bath!

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.

Hawk Medicine screwed with this post 10-18-2008 at 02:00 AM
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote