View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #32
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 478
Wicked Final test fit of the crashbars......

Hello people,
Its been a long while (sorry:blast) but we're at the final hurdle and will start a production run next week. We've been testing raw bars for a while(by a Purple Helmet no less!), but have a couple of sets to production tolerances and they fit bang-on. They've also been powdercoated and have the finalised fasteners, therefore I now know what they cost us and can tell you that they'll cost you 179.95 inc. VAT!
The only thing that will change from the photos you see below is that the crossbar brackets and mounting plates are to be cut down in size to follow the shape of the tubing. I'll post a full specification soon, all materials, fastenings and finish are TOP quality. The silver sumpguard in the pictures is a pre-production one, the production ones dont have the little strip between the two bolts on the front.
We can now export outside the EU without charging the VAT, so for you American folks i have a complete price including shipping at todays exchange rate. A black powdercoated sumpguard and a set of crashbars will be $550 delivered! A set of crashbars on there own will be $330 delivered(give or take a few of dollars). jug:
Anyway have a peek at the pictures below. I'll get the bars on the website for order early next week. Delivery will be within four weeks, unless theres a really large number of orders in which case i'll make sure everyone knows when theres will come.
There are incredibly strong.

The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote