View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #79
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by braaap!
BTW warewolf, you mentioned.. "Anyway, now I am up for a new starter clutch, probably new starter gear wheel as the hub outer surface that engages the starter clutch looks very worn. I presume they are supposed to be flat, not having a trench in the hub, reminiscent of a worn brake disc? Hopefully not a new flywheel hub, too. ''
There's supposed to be a small lip at the outer edge of the inner (drive) surface on the freewheel (creates the shallow trench).... the spragg circlip snaps in behind this... making sure it's fully seated.... see Losiu's pic below, in the earlier post....
Not sure we are talking about the same bit.

The clutch inner grabs the outer surface of the extended hub on the gear wheel driven by the starter motor. It's the gear's outer surface that is worn. Part no. 6 in the pic; the hub extends away from the viewer so is not obvious, but it slides inside the starter clutch part no. 7. My bike was missing the needle bearing, part no. 5.

btw I don't recall a lip as you describe on the flywheel hub, but I will check for it when I replace the starter clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.
warewolf is online now   Reply With Quote