View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,080
Going north makes my bike go south.

So, I've been a fan of this site for a bit and I've realized that life is short, I'm sick of being nothing more than a commuter, and i have nine days off!! Screw it, I'm outta here. I laid some loose planning groundwork, very loose, figured I had just enough time to visit my family outside of Detroit then do an Iron Butt around Lake Superior, then go shopping at Aerostich, then head home. 'Bout 3200 miles, no biggie. Well, my planning was loose at best, shit broke, I ate slim jims for dinner, I broke down in the middle of nowhere, and I made it home in one piece a true adventure rider!!! So here goes.

I left early on a cool Thursday morning, and headed north on I-75. I was pretty excited to see my nephews, and my niece, and was pretty excited to test my endurance level. I had just gotten my HPN 43ltr fuel tank and was looking forward to not stopping every 200 miles, but just as I thought that I was passing a semi somewhere near the Cumberland Gap and I caught a nasty case of VAPOR LOCK! WTF?! I just spent, well, an assload of cash on this tank and now it decides to vapor lock?! Messed with the vent tube, took the cap off, took it about 3 miles to get back to normal, but it became a frequent occurance on my trip. Not a cool thing while you're in the fast lane going uphill. whatever. Then I noticed my front brake had some air in the line, great, thats what i need. Searched for an auto parts store off the highway in middle tennessee, and found the o'reillys.
leaving

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 01-27-2009 at 06:30 PM
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote