View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #2760
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
Where in SoCal are you from? If you can get to Pasadeana maybe you should do the weekend ride on Saturdays. You also have a Sunday church ride you can do. Welcome to the site its a good one. Trust me these are a bunch of good people on this site. They will not leave stuck out on the trail/road. Ben
Understatement.

I had a very bad day. Nothing went right. I got in soft stuff trying to make a turn...I went over and bruised my knee (new pads being ordered this week.) I fell in the water crossing as I was exiting. I fell again when the hill above the water crossing decided to add insult to injury and then there was the attempt to drive off a cliff.

The guy on the big 950 Adventure (Sito?) picked me up the first time. His advice got me through the next section. Thank you so much.

The next three were with Cathy and Dave (?). I had to take a break and eat a cliff bar. I was beaten. I was given some more lessons and things went much better but I was done. Thank you guys. You're angels.

This group will pick you up and give you a bit of advice too. I could not imagine learning without these guys.

I have a BIG bruise on my entire kneecap. I got really lucky. Yes, knee pads are being ordered this week. No trail until I have them.

Anyway, you guys ROCK!
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote