View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #26
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,047
Friday, Oct 3: Day 11

We’re both very happy to not have to ride today. Still about 700 some miles to ride to Puerto Vallarta, but today we plan on doing a whole lot of nothing.

After a walk / run along the beach and homemade huevos rancheros, the day consists of swim, beer, talk, swim, beer, eat then more swimming.

I actually do a little bike maintenance. The rear tire (Pirelli) was new when I started the trip, but is developing small cracks along the bases of the knobs. Once I do continue the trip after arriving in PVta, have to bring a rear tire with me.

Bikes in front of our room:

We picked a good spot, as Super Juliana’s has about everything we need for cooking, eating and drinking. We buy one of those five gallon jugs of water you see in the pic below for 20 pesos, 60 peso deposit for the bottle (liter bottles sell for 10) and nearly finish it by the end of the day.

For the first time I talk to Marc about the possibility of continuing this trip to Costa Rica at some point. Marc will study Spanish until the end of January and my in-laws live on a remote farm in the mountains near Ciudad Quesada, CR. They could use some manual labor and Marc wants somewhere inexpensive to live where he could practice more Spanish, AND my mother in law loves to talk, SO…I could leave my bike in Puerto Vallarta until the end of January, fly back, continue to ride with Marc and we both go together to Costa Rica. This is sounding better every day!

I spend about 3 hours in the water swimming. Feels so good after the hours of sweltering desert heat, wearing mc riding pants and jacket!

Me, floating...

Our back door to the beach:

Kitchen:

Bedroom w/ AC:

Looking south street side from hotel:

Nearly got run over by a truck as I stepped into the street. Didn't see or hear it! Prolly the sun.

Tuna sandwich lunch:

Our destination written on the wall, so to speak...

Afternoon snack:

More ridiculous sunset photos, much different than Day 1 sunset, dontcha ya think?:

Sad to see Day 2 at Bahía de Kino end:

Tomorrow, we head for Alamos upon the recommendation of a friend. Only about 5-6 hours on the bike, so that seems reasonable.

Total miles: 0; Bahía de Kino, Mexico
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote