View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #26
"Cool" Aid!
JimVonBaden's Avatar
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 54,408
Originally Posted by Railbender
That looks like split cable tubing on the wires. You should be able to find it at Harbor Freight, Radio Shack or an auto parts store. I have seen it in at least 2 diameters.

Actually it is an expandable mesh tubing, IIRC. Nice stuff.

As for water in the fuse box, under the seat is is not an issue at all. Even at the base of the tank vertical it isn't. Though some water might drip on it, I have not seen one short out.

I would suggest, however, sealing the back with a liquid rubber coating in case an errant screw or peice of metal might fall under it.

JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote