View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #106
ScottMorris
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ride
Scott:
we were the group Paula let in to use the bathroom that morning at Elkhorn Hot Springs.
I went back and read your entire trip report and saw that you did go up Lava Mt. trail. - sorry for the mis statement in my previous post I just missed it in the one page that I read on your climb up Fleecer Ridge.
We were most impressed with all the folks using leg power to ride the route. Almost daily we commented about how we were glad that we could simply twist a wrist and go up those step switchbacks.
A very good read on your trip. 12ride
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my (very long) writeup.

Riding the divide on a pedal bike isn't only for the superhuman (we certainly aren't)--though we did see Mike Curiak during his record breaking 16 day ride (now that's superhuman). It takes some determination and you definitely put yourself in a vunerable position at times, but with the risk comes other benefits, as I'm sure you adventure riders know.

I still think most anyone could pedal the whole thing if they wanted to. Having the (somewhat crazy) desire to do so is another thing. As you know from reading my journal, climbing the big passes was no problem, it was the flats (and washboard) that nearly killed me.

Keep on riding!

ScottMorris screwed with this post 08-09-2004 at 10:08 PM
ScottMorris is offline   Reply With Quote