View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #59
viola-tor OP
Needs to ride!

Oddometer: 2,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireTriple
Round of applause for Gary with the white SUV.

I was going to ask about the low C-of-G pannier that looks as if it would foul the "mystery" KTM rider's front wheel. But I'll let the story unfold in its own time. "Suspense..." is best.

BTW, where did you get the reflective material that you have on the back of the BMW panniers? (Maybe it comes as standard) Is it effective?
I got the red reflective adhesive from http://www.identi-tape.com/eng-sr6.html I purchased the 6" width engineering grade tape which is available in a variety of colors, then made paper patterns to match my luggage and helmet, flipped them over and traced onto the back of the reflective material and cut it out. It's lasted years so far and looks stock red in the day, reflects as a kind of reddish-orange in headlights and camera flashes at night. Yes, it works very well, and I like knowing that I've improved the day and night visibility of the rear. A friend told me that so much red on the back actually camoflages the brake light however, that's not so good. Probably should upgrade to some bright LED's or something.

I guess I have to order some orange tape now... Shhh! Don't tell!

viola-tor screwed with this post 10-30-2008 at 08:21 AM
viola-tor is offline   Reply With Quote