View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #29
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,100
Alamos to Mazatlán

Sunday, Oct 5: Day 13

We leave Alamos by 8:30 and it’s back towards Navojoa after which we head south on 15 again. We roll by Los Mochis, Culiacán and La Cruz without incident. Not quite as hot as recent days. Oxxo again for lunch--can of tuna and tortillas work nice enough. Toll roads are adding up, with the most expensive being a 16 dollar one before Mazatlán.

We run into our first rain a couple of hours before Mazatlán...

Marc spends some time rain-proofing his computer...

...naturally, the rain lasts all of 5 minutes.

Mazatlán is unknown to me and we spend a little bit of time getting over to the malecón area, where we’ll stay for the night. Wow! The humidity is really high, our mc clothes grossly sticking to our bodies. We spend some time finding a hotel--too many choices! And finally decide on one at $32 for the night. With the sun setting, we strike out for a walk.

We meet a man and his wife and ask if they have a restaurant they particularly like. They tell us about one and even insist on taking us there. We hop on a bus and arrive and say goodbye to the couple, but their idea of a good restaurant is a noisy, tourist bar and so once they turn the corner we walk away looking for something else.

We should have only one more day of riding. My plane leaves Puerto Vallarta on Wednesday, so arriving tomorrow Monday will give me Tuesday to prepare the bike for storage and all too quickly this trip will end, for me at least.

Total miles: 386; Alamos to Mazatlán
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote