View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 AM   #32
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,094
November 2

Been home now for over 3 weeks. Made it to my sister’s wedding, event that changed my trip substantially, but maybe for the better? Had she not called with her news, I would simply have ridden to Baja, spent a week there, and then ridden home. Now I have the chance to make the trip more than I originally imagined by riding to Costa Rica where I will probably leave the bike for some time allowing me to explore Central America. Anyway, since I’ve made mention of it so much, and if you’ll indulge me with a couple non-mc trip related photos, here’s my sister’s happy day. A beautiful wedding in every sense…

My daughter...much different suit for me!

Couple of days after I got home I hopped on my other ride, my trusty 04 Sportster. Wow! What a difference for I had gotten used to the height of the KLR650 and now I was stubbing my toe every time I put my left foot down at stops. Didn’t realize how bad the sporty shocks were till now. Even the KLR stock shocks cushion the ride substantially more. I think about selling the sportster and buying a new 09 KLR, the black one looks really nice, but now after a couple of weeks, I’m getting used to why I bought the sportster in the first place. It too is a very fun bike to ride. My recent day trip through the Columbia River Gorge:

Not a bad riding day!

My other ride...

Things I would do differently: not a whole lot. More trip time would have been nice. I bought the KLR only 6 weeks before I left, so more time with the bike would have been a good idea. I didn’t have any real issues with the bike except the blown fuse, but that’s pretty good for a 3,000 mile trip. The tires I put on before leaving, Pirelli MT21, are a bit knobby for the mostly hiway riding we did, but they performed just fine. The rear still has maybe a thousand and the front looks great still. This was the first time I’ve ever really ridden with somebody on a long trip. It would be fun to try something like this with 3 to 5 riders. More problems, but more adventure perhaps too. Soooo, if you’re interested in riding to Costa Rica end of Jan 09, and Marc’s and my plans pan out, let me know!

I think I can see Puerto Vallarta...

Total miles: 0; Portland…waiting to continue…

pdedse screwed with this post 11-02-2008 at 06:59 AM
pdedse is online now   Reply With Quote