View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #48
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 6,974
Again, not a very interesting last day. Got up and left Champaigne and headed home to atlanta. the thing about having mechanical problems is that I really have learned a lot since I've been home. I didn't know if I had the balls to do what I did, but I forced myself to do it. I read all your RR's and just drool and wish I had you're bad ass approach to travel. Now, I know I do. I enjoyed being mechanically fucked and having to rely on other people made me feel pretty good about humanity. I will always dream about that Alaska trip even after I've achieved it. I want to thank everyone on this site for being so honest and passionate about this great sport. I made it home at 7pm, not bad. I sat in the saddle for 350 miles without stopping, thats a new record for me. I can't believe how much money I've dumped into the old girl and she still breaks down.. but she will never quit!!! Got myself the omega charging system that should give me a little more confidence. now i know how to trouble shoot my charging system, and installed everything on my own. I dare it to fucking break now, 'cause I've got a back up!!! Hope to write another, longer and more interesting report soon. for now....ta ta.
happyhome
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote