View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwamf
Still not released, should be in my hands by the end of the month.
The reviews I have read say it is almost instantaneous on the screen redraws even with high resolution color imagery, and it also keeps you centered on the screen now , so is it faster than the 20, it is WAY FASTER. also the screen scrolling is very fast too.
I will give a review once I have time to test it out.,
The subscription service for high resolution imagery is online and is fantastic ( $30 year) I have already download a bunch of stuff I plan on riding next year, very neat.
Great! Thanks. I went to their website and it looks like they are shipping the new units. Just didn't know if anybody played around with one yet. I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on the 40 until I read some positive feedback. BTW, the PN-20 was the first GPS that I bought and never checked Garmin or other units before I bought the 20. The Garmin 60CSX is blazing fast on the screen redraws and auto route when compared with the 20.

I'm looking forward to your review of the 40!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote