View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
Holaday OP
Man of Leisure

Oddometer: 566
Sunday Oct. 5

Ace arrived at the motel about 1 pm and rescued me from watching girls college volleyball. We loaded up my broken down bike and hit the road for Bend. We hadn't eaten so planned to stop for pizza in Paisley but when we got there the place was closed. Went to the greasy spoon next door, but when the 300 lb short of breath waitress told us it would be at least a half hour wait for food. We split and grabbed some snacks at the gas station. Back in Bend I checked out my new ride and we dragged the broken down beemer around the side of the house. I took the 990 for a quick test ride. Wow!! A completely different bike from the GSPD. A lot has changed in sixteen years. Ace's wife Susan made us a nice home cooked meal and Ace put me up for the night. The next day I was working the phones getting insurance from my insurance company and changing my mexican insurance over to the 990. Ace came home from work and we headed off to his bank. I had told my credit card security department about the trip so I called them to advise them that I would be getting a cash advance to buy the bike. Once at Ace's bank they informed us that they only had 5k cash on hand and that that was the most they could put in Ace's account in one day. To make a long story short we went to another bank and I got 75 one hundred dollar bills and we took those back to Ace's bank and deposited them. The bike was now officially mine.

Ace saying good bye to his baby

Baja trip back on

So about 48 hours after the GSPD blew up I was on the road again. Gotta love the internet and ADVRIDER. I had some serious mileage to make up. Glynis was going to be landing in Palm Springs on wednesday afternoon at 5 pm and I had to be there to meet her. I went and filled up my new ride and hit the road for Klamath Falls OR.

Soon as your born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time!!!

Checkout my Ride Reports:

Baja

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405461

Kootenays

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614464

Holaday screwed with this post 11-11-2008 at 05:18 PM
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote