View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #64
RandyM
Less talk, More ride

Oddometer: 888
I was up there this afternoon.

I went to the gate at Maple Springs Road but it was closed.

The gate across N. Main Divide that is just pass the Indian Truck Trail Junction is now open. Indian Truck Trail is open too. I rode as far as Santiago Peak but turned around so I can get off the mountain before it gets dark

Quote:
i think you an get to Santiago Truck Road off of Live Oak or Modjeska Grade Road?? check you maps to be sure but i think it is the only way in on this end of the OC besides Maples Springs .
The map shows Harding Road going from Modjeska Canyon to Main Divide. I was under the impression that that was closed since the 80s like Blackstar Canyon. I'm thinking there was some kind of bird santuary up there. I'll have to go check that out someday.

The road that goes to Holy Jim trail in Trabuco Canyon (6S13) doesnot go through to main divide. About 5 miles in there is a parking lot for Holy Jim trail and Horsethief trail. Motor Vehicle access ends a little way past the parking lot.

Quote:
Anyway, as I rode, I noticed all the new barricade work that has been done over the summer to prevent everthing but foot or bicycle traffic on the single track, and just past the new long ugly barricade system are signs posted welcoming you telling you stay on the single track. By the way, you can only get there if you are walking or if you carry your bike over. I guess they do not want the dual sport crowd riding on these trails any longer. It has occurred to me that if they are blocking the single track to prevent me to ride my motorcycle on this sacred ground as I have for 20 years
Only feet, horses, and mountian bikes allowed on the single track. It has been this way for at least a couple years. No change since the fire closure. There are quad sized trails at Wildomar OHV. I don't recall single track at Wildomar.

Quote:
Are these trails GS-able? I really want to get out and ride them.
I'm a noob and I took my Vstrom up there. There are a few places with large rocks that I have to go slow because the strom only has about 4 inches of ground clearance. There are a lot of loose rocks on top of hard packed DG on Main divide once you get past Indian Truck trail.

RandyM screwed with this post 11-23-2008 at 08:24 AM
RandyM is offline   Reply With Quote