Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #79
shleppy
Shlepdawg on da smoov tip

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by corybaby
Shleppy
Can you enlighten us on Bedford trail?
i see it on google and its about halfway between santiago peak and blackstar road(skyline)...no where near people are desribing it: i rode main divide to bedford. it was like the 91 fwy then down to a housing tract near foothill:
there are many trails up there that im sure are closed to motorized, when you get some time......pleeeze?
And eagle trail, is it part of main divide thats open now, it must be if mains open all the way to skyline...
thanks in advance
and thanks for the info on santiago trail, saved me a trip up modjeska grade
cby
Sorry for the lag.. I was in Death Valley for 4 days playing in the dirt

Bedford Rd - Fire road starts on the east side of the Santa Anas just south of where Weirick Rd crosses the 15 fwy. You access this fire road by exiting at Weirick and then heading south on Knabe Rd (which parallels the 15 on the west side of the 15 fwy). Look for some This fire road should be open to dual sport bikes. This fire road climbs up the east side of the santa anas and intersects with the main divide about a mile north of where maple springs, harding truck trail trail and the main divide meet.

Here's a map that shows all the trails on the north 1/2 of the Santa Anas. All the trails in this map with the exception of maple spring should be open unless they have decided to close things again due to fire danger.

If anyone is curious what the terrain looks like you can check out some of pics in the ride reports below..

Linkola Uno
Linkorino dos
Linkorama Tres

2006 F650GS (sold)
2007 DRZ 400s
2009 F650GS
shleppy is offline   Reply With Quote