View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 02:25 AM   #11
pnoman OP
Just Average

Oddometer: 1,913
Historical significance

I agree that we should be realizing the significance of each site, which is why I wrote the following in the initial guidelines:

3) Brush off your writing skills and give us a 50-100 word essay on what the site meant to you. Perhaps you visited here as a kid, or it had some sort of special meaning, or you can elaborate on the history of the site beyond the writing on the marker.

I don't mean for each post to be a "Be all - End all" definitive history of the site, but rather a "seed" that will hopefully inspire those interested to dig deeper into our rich WV history and perhaps visit the site. A more detailed report is great if you have a deeper insight and knowledge of the site. Otherwise, a brief review at least makes others aware of a historical or geological site they otherwise may have never discovered.

Those of you who didn't sleep through WV History class (like I unfortunately did) are welcome to add historical notes to posts of sites you have more knowledge of. Or, if you can add a link to a related website for more information, that would be nice.

So far, so good. Thanks, everyone. Keep the photos and notes coming.
My Website - Europe, Alaska, US Bike Rides
www.RidingWV.com

pnoman screwed with this post 11-22-2008 at 08:08 AM
pnoman is offline   Reply With Quote