View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Andy G OP
2wheeled alpinist

Oddometer: 551
Touring Slovenia on- and offroad

Hi there!

After beeing active in the TA- and AT-thread in the beasts area i thought it's time to try my first ride report. So here we go...

We, that ist Hardheader an me with a couple of friends. Go means going to our annual one week offroad alpine tour. This year for the first time to Slovenia, just because we heard that it should be nice there and most of our favorite routes in the Italian / French border area are getting closed and illegal. So it is May 2008 and this years team is:

Eike on Suzuki DR350 and Ralf on BMW R1100GS, both experienced riders, they did several Africa / South America trips, Anita on BMW F650GS with some offroad experience from last years trip to Spain, Klaus on AfricaTwin 750, no offroad experience at all, and haven't ridden a bike for the last 10 years, Hardheader on AfricaTwin 650 and me on Transalp 600, both with some offroad experience and many many miles on the road.

Some words of conclusion in advance: Slovenia for me is one of the most beautifull countries on the Alps. Great landscape, friendly people, fantastic roads, pittoresque camping spots... I just loved it.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote