View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #11
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,381
UTAH
We spent the night in Monticello Utah. We did our laundry which was a nightly task, showered and went to eat. Monticello is a Mormon town, so no alcohol available. Good food and nice folks non the less. After a swim in the Days Inn pool we hit the rack. I watched my nightly installment of Nancy Grace and passed out. Bruce would be my room partner for the whole adventure. The first couple of nights he said "what the hell is that shit ? Nancy Grace ?" Ah, but by the end of the trip I think I had him hooked !

As I said before, we were all self suffcient and spread out during the day. We would arrive at the motels at different times. here's Tony pulling in.

Todays route would take us over the La Sal Mountains, into Moab & up the Shaffer Switchbacks thanks to Tony, and into Green River. The Schaffer Switchbacks should be incorperated into the TAT in our opinion. Its easy to include it and it's not to be missed. You''ll see it good in the Utah video clip at the end. Its takes around 1'000 above the Colorado River.

Me and Bruce taking a breather

As the sign implies, the TAT would route us through Geyser Pass

Decending down out of the La Sals we see our 1st glimps of the real Utah !

Sand Flats Road leading into Moab

Ill be back:

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 11-25-2008 at 03:36 PM
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote