View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #40
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,002
ALL right fellas. We spent the night in Richfield Utah as Sam recommends. In fact we overnighted in all of Sams recomendations. Not much choice the further west you go !
Also, Jody would say goodbye today and head for home via Salt Lake City. Tony's plan was to ride one more day with us to Baker Nevada. This particular day would turn out to be one of my favorites ! So as they say "and then there were 5"
Here we are getting ready to shove off.

Richfield btw, for you guys planning a future trip like "The Breeze", Richfield has Walmart, Home Depot, restuarants, it's really civilized compared to the other towns you'll stay in. So if you need anything at this point get it here, because beyond here your going back in time 150 years .

Another note. We again decided to split up for the morning. Bruce and I would stick to the TAT and ride the Paiute Trail which gets tight and a bit technical, the other guys will follow Tony around on a Huegel route which turned out to be fantastic of course. The guys know every dirt road out there I tell ya. He just has no neck

Bruce and I head out

You better have good brakes on this section of the TAT
Riding this part was really, really fun. But if your on a big bike and dont have Bruces talents you may want to go around this section.

1st mechanical mishap. Broken clutch cable. No problem, like a boy scout, I was prepared and had a spare zip tied to the other.
Here I am calling (cannot believe the phone works) Halls Husky in Illinois to overnight ship another spare to an upcoming town.

We didnt get many photos on this section because we were riding like the wind

Tony would lead the others this way. Sweet !

See what I mean about Tony not having a neck ?

To our disbelief, after Bruce and I decended down this monster hill and emerged onto a dirt road, low and behold there was the team !

be back asap. Wife yelling

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 11-28-2008 at 05:27 AM
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote