View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #95
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepticSkeptic
I am.

Admittedly I'm a bit aggravated. I was planning on riding this weekend and I love riding immediately after it rains for obvious reasons, guess I'll have to slab it up to LA or out to San Bernadino to join those guys. I just don't understand how Cleveland is somehow fundamentally different in that rain is a show stopper.
I agree with everything you say. However, I've been riding that area since Escape Country was around and what I'm telling you is what occurs when people get out of control, nothing more. So, if that's what they're going to do when people get out of control, then let it get closed for rain, wind, and fire. Get on your bike and ride about 45 minutes north to the Crest.

SB is our little bit of riding heaven that we can use for just a few hours or even a day. However, some people just can't ride and that's a fact. I can't tell you how many times I've helped pull bikes uo from going over cliffs and ledges, or how many times I've seen people seriously injured up there.

Once again, I agree, let's point and laugh and make examples, but like I'm saying they'll just close the place if this happens too much. So let them close the area and I'll just ride to the Crest, or over to Cleghorn.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote