View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,866
So were now ripping across the Great Basin high desert on our way to the Nevada border. Again, we would ride this road for 98 miles before turning right on another just like this for another long stretch. Incredible

Then we came up on the really slick "Crystal Peak"

This was so cool. It looked like it was snowed covered from a distance. We took a good 30 minute break here just to drink it all in.

One more from afar

We saddle up and continue westward. I'm telling you, you could see what looked like 50 miles and you could make out the road, like a white ribbon unfurled in front of you. You could also see signiture small clouds of dust way out, and spread out. They were my posse riding westward ahead of me. Pretty neat.

DK and I go off route and ride to a dry lake bed we could see in a distance. We did not want this day to end. Notice that deep blue sky.

The traction your bike gets on these flat surfaces is unbelievable ! I mean you can do super tight circles at high speeds. Cool.

DK and I are riding together now. Were not sure were the other fellas are at this point. Not that we needed to look for them. We all were untethered. Here we are approaching the Nevada border.

And finally, the Utah/Nevada border.....look familar Bigdog & Gaspipe ?

And we pull into the Border Inn for the night. BTW, what you see in the photo is all there is.

Notice Johns leg in the above shot. OOccchhhhh !!

Utah: Super cool, almost alien landscape.
And now the Utah video.
If you want to see it in High Quality click on the link then and chose it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxfGDJwvKjU
OR:

UP NEXT: NEVADA. As remote as you can get. And as my friend Tony would describe it to us before we left " the only place left in the U.S. where you will see the old wild west as it was"
Also, my best and favorite video by far.....

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 11-28-2008 at 04:49 PM
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote