View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #35
Salt fever
this is gonna hurt

Oddometer: 60
Husky Marzzochi Shivers

I kept the BMW post and had the bottom machined to suit the alloy triple from the 08 Husqvuarna as the post is welded into the factory steel ones. This way I also kept the BMW dual locking set up on the headstem. I run aftermarket risers for fat bars. I had to take off some of the metal either side of the plate with the holes in it for the steering lock as the bolts for the new handlebar mounts were hitting it ( not a very good steering stopper as it moves the bars heaps). I run an new Husky front guard and as its one piece it will be far more up to my standards of get offs ( I turned pro in get offs moons ago)≥ I had to run 3 washers between guard and triple at the back two mounts to give the correct angle on it to clear the frame spine and radiator shrouds.

I have yet to sort out front wheel/brake set up. I have a wheel from a new Aprilia which use the same forks and axle set up, however if I can machine up some spacers and end plugs (threaded one end) I can use the original wheel and rotor, or alternatly find new bearings for the hub to fit the husky/aprilia axle.

I too am having trouble trying to work out what to do with the ignition block. I will keep you posted as I am a resouceful bastard.