Thread: Flexing my ABS
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #25
Roeligan
Belgium power!!!

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr
Is it Triwi avoids cuting the OEM wires? Seems the same to me. Or is it yours doesn't produce error signals? Pls enlighten me. Cheers.
I don't have a solution yet... But I think I will try Triwi's this winter.

But this is Triwi's:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triwi
Finally talked to Autosparky who is local Bosch and ABS expert and did the following after being initially motivated by this thread. Linked a wire each into both wires of rear ABS circuit at the plug under the seat. Ran them to the red handlebar switch. Now have instant off with a dab of switch. Whenever the ignition is switched on the ABS automatically resets. No need for a rocker type switch which has to be manually switched which is needed if you loop just one side of the circuit to the bar switch.
Have to say I did querie the sparky about apparently introducing a short circuit by doing it this way but he just smiled and said No. Before doing the 990 I alterred my 650 Dakar and have been running it for a month. Works perfectly. No ill effects whatsoever plus the bonus of automatic reset every startup.
cheers
triwi

Maybe if he sees these questions, he will post the pics again
Roeligan is offline   Reply With Quote