View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #72
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,163
Nevada Continued

A morning deaprting shot of the Eureka Opera House. Crystal clear skies again today, but the electrics are on also this am.

Today we would see many wild Mustangs on our way to Battle Mountain which was only about 125 miles away. This was good because we had planned bike maintence for this afternoon. We had fresh tires, oil and filters waiting on us at Nelsons Racing in BM. I called Colt Nelson and told him we'd be there right after lunch barring any mishaps.

NW to Battle Mountain

I have to pinch myself

You might remember this shot from Bigdog and Gaspipes RR

You'll see the Mustangs in the upcoming video. We saw quite a few bands of them on this stretch.
We pull into Battle Mountain around High Noon
This was around the 1,200 mile & 1/2 way mark for us.
Colt Nelson is ready and waiting for us so we head for his shop.

Now, we have a pact on these trips. The dirt from the journey stays on the bike and is not washed off until it's back in your driveway (of course I now have Nevada sagebrush growing in my New Jersey lawn ). A small exception was made for today only. You could only wash off the dirt from your motor because we were doing oil changes. But clearly in the photo below, you can see the defendent, I mean John, washing his swingarm, a non essential part to the maintence. Verdict: 2 point deduction.

Colt Nelson. Great guy. He said: "basiclly, I'll service any bike you guys want or you can have total access to my shop and tools and do your own" We're not in Jersey anymore Toto........
I mean the guy is terrific. If you need any maintence on the trail go see Colt.

Besides Donna's Brothel is practiclly right next door where "Dinner and coversation without obligation" is their motto

www.donnasranch.net
Now we didn't go in. We really didn't ! Colt said in Battle Mountain Nevada, all you see in there is 4' girls who weigh in at 300lbs !

New Michelin Deserts

Air Filter and Oil/Filter

Ill be back with more in a bit. We'll head up to Fort McDermitt which makes Battle Mountain look like NYC

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 12-02-2008 at 04:38 PM
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote