View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
V@lentino OP
Inspektor

Oddometer: 817
Amsterdam

April 16

We love Amsterdam, Its one of my top 3 favorite cities in Europe. As soon as we landed in Schiphol, I pulled out the Macbook and skypped the receiving broker to see if ST had made it safe and sound.

Hum... No sorry he says, the motorbike is not here yet, call me back tomorrow.

Ok dank u, no problem we had a couple of days until the 18 for a planned ride to see the keukenhof accompanied by the ST Owners Club of Holland. All of it arranged by a friend that I was yet to meet in person.

What are the chances of meeting a rider through a motorcycle forum that rides the same bike as you do, make and color. Has the same first name, and has a warehouse 5 ms from the airport where you want to ship your motorbike, makes himself available to help with the logistic for shipping and receiving a 800 lbs bike and all the crap 2 people carry for a 3 months trip. Well if youd asked me, Id tell you theyre pretty good.

So my next call was to my Dutch homonym:

No worries he says, call me when the bike gets there and we will come and pick you up.

Kewl, plenty of things to do in Amsterdam.

So we hopped on the train to Centrum to take tram 25 to Sapharti park. Our future dwelling for the next few days, no stress we are on one hell of a vacation, and Jackie wants to take a nap and go to the Albert Cuyp market.

Meet Jackie

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote