View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Avispao OP
Hornet 900 Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Fri. July 2008, 18th.

In the morning we had our first english breakfast (or welsh), and did a visit to the castle. Stunning views of what it was a bay.

It was our first castle of the day. After it, we rode to Caernarfon to see its castle too.

Then to Conwy, to see another one.

This roundabouts made me laugh.

We liked a lot the three castles of the day. We were on time, so we rode to Chester, as a friend of mine recommended it to us. After seen it, I must recommend it too. It remembered me the pics of Bruges i always saw.

It was about 6pm and i thought we could reach a travelodge near Lancaster for 8pm to advance in our plans for the next day. We rode through Liverpool motorways when it started to rain again. First a bit, but finally a lot. We asked for a room in that travelodge, but it was full. Then we continued north asking every hotel until reaching Kendal. We crossed Kendal in every way and didn't find absolutly anything. It was incredible! What happened that friday!

The rain didn't stopped, and it was getting harder with strong winds. We left Kendal at 12pm without finding anything. We tried in Penrith but nothing. We stopped at another hotel and they asked us for 180! Come on! We rode thought a desert dark wet road near Carlisle searching something the gas-man told us, and as i was thinking how dangerous it was riding in such conditions, we fell off when turning around in the road. We had nothing, we were lucky (it's to say something good, cause that bad luck is incredible).

Finally, defeated and wet in my case, we stopped at an area in the M8 and planted our tent out of view, as we didn't know if we could do it (I've read that in France is allowed). It was 2.30am, and it was raining more and more. I remembered that film by Scorsese, After Hours.

Avispao screwed with this post 12-05-2008 at 12:46 PM
Avispao is offline   Reply With Quote