Thread: XR650R Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #93
kenaroo
I am because i ride

Oddometer: 807
I've been running one for 3 years with no problem.. bike is a little more peppy throughout the power band. one thing I notice with the new box.. I don't bounce off the rev limiter as much as I'm going throught the gears.. what's nice it that you feel the power flatten out and makes you want to shift to the next gear anyway.. with the stock box the revs and power would climb and then stiffle as it hit the limiter. it was annoying.

I wouldn't be afraid of the cdi box

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking
I just found one of these but now I'm having second thoughts (it hasn't arrived yet) Because I have to imagine the factory set it at 8300 for a reason and my machine shop frowns against it. He says if I'm bouncing off the rev limiter I need to gear it higher and that even at 8300 its already past its power band? Next he tries to scare me talking about the heavyness of the rotating assembly and that it doesn't need to rotate any faster or it will add more stress and something will give or wear faster...? HELP? what do ya'll think? I'd love to have the timing advance but I bought it because when I'm getting on it it seems to be pulling strong till it hits the rev-limiter? I'm glad someone brought this up!

There is a fellow on ThumperTalk that has been running one with good results but he is supermotard as well was running a lighter flywheel for quicker revs! I think he's more for track and performance than XR durability?

Any input is appreciated!

XRK

what does your garage look like
http://www.garage-interiors.com

kenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote