View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #398
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,466
Would you believe I just read this whole report from the beginning?

Jeff your storytelling and charisma are incredible. Nice pics too!

I made a similar trip to yours last year and our experiences are quite different, except for your way with women. How you got the Mexican babes to go out I'll never know. I was stood up twice.

Like you, I thoroughly enjoyed Guatemala and Nicaragua. And though I enjoyed Costa Rica (I took classes at the University of Costa Rica--your pics brought back memories) I found it to be overrun with tourists and comparatively expensive, as did you. I didn't spend near enough time in El Salvador, only one night. And just like you, I spent less than a day in Belize. The $30 exit fee made me quite angry. We both took this picture:

As well as several others.

I also had trouble with my Garmin GPS, though not a Zumo. When I emailed Garmin to explain the symptoms and the GPS would no longer power up, the response I got was to turn it on and perform a reset. I found Garmin to be quite unhelpful until I actually showed up at their world headquarters in Kansas.

You met up with a lot more people than I did, many more motorcyclists, a fair number more locals, and it amazes me how many of your friends from home met you along the way. Was that just by coincidence, or did they come down specifically to meet you?

Your bankroll is clearly far more than mine on your trip, I spent just $25 per day, including lodging and gasoline. Your many pics of food and beer made me quite jealous. I ate lots of tortillas.

In addition to all the Israeli travelers, did you meet any Belgians? Though not in proportion to Israelis, the tiny country of Belgium produces a huge number or young travelers through Latin America.

Anyway, thanks for the report. It's a great piece or work. I'll be reading the rest as you post it.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote