View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #44
sekalilagi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
West Virginia University

Well it finally quit snowing....so off for my first post-surgery ride!

WVU

ahhh.... my alma mater .... came to Morgantown back in the winter of 85, during the heyday of the Chevy Celebrity and the year the drinking age bumped up to 21. That was back when they didn't close school for the teeniest snow flurry. The old stadium was still about and I certainly fell more than once on the slippery, icy steps around stadium loop!
Here's a bit of trivia, freshman enrolment this year actually had more out-of-state students than WV resident students! Aside from Mylan Pharmaceuticals and the hospital system, WVU is the industry of Morgantown.

See that austere building in the background? spent many a late, late night up in the 9th floor labs blowing stuff up.

couple of pics from the downtown campus (this is where the pretty girls were, the same ones notably absent from the engineering college)
Oglebay Hall ... took my one and only Psych class

Woodburn Circle ... where I wussed out on foreign languages and took Philosophy instead and now regret it as I might have to learn a little Spanish for work!

This marker is located along US19 (Mon Blvd) immediately south of the intersection with Patterson Drive.
Links to map with marker location and a general map with other markers.

sekalilagi screwed with this post 12-15-2008 at 07:28 AM
sekalilagi is offline   Reply With Quote