View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:01 AM   #3747
SergX
Back on the Saddle

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SogniX
A friend and I (Ninja zx10r and me on the XT, yeah, talk about mismatch - no offroading) where riding up angeles crest as night hit. We where pulled over taking a break when someone on a yellow BMW passed and honked. visibility dropped to zero and we pulled off at Mt Wilson, decided it was too cold and turned back.
We went to get some grub, then noticed the clouds had gone away and the moon was shining brightly!

An idea came to hour heads...

In honor of the ADV LA Full Moon Ride, we did our own but on concrete with Newcomb's as our goal Altho we knew we would not make it before closing time, didn't matter! That was our goal!

We bundled up some more, he switched bikes (125cc Yamaha Vino Scooter) and we headed right back up to Angeles Crest! Moon was so bright we could see everything! We where loving it!

It was raining stars so we eventually pulled over to watch the light show. But as we were starting to turn into popcicles we decided to contine to our goal.

Rolled into Newcomb's around midnight, took some pics and made our way back down.

I'm still trying to thaw my toes. Brrr! Need more/better cold wheater riding gear.

SergX is offline   Reply With Quote